Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Aria Rostami





still from the things we made verse the things you destory
Aria_Rostami 
I first discovered Aria Rostami from Leste Magazine.  They did an instagram takeover.  The only art I have found of theirs has been on the internet. They make videos and collaged images sometimes with story-like captions.  I think a lot of their art is about their queerness and how they define themselves.
They use a lot of roses in their art. 

When they were working with leste, they posted about Iranian films that inspired them.  They made a series of collaged images using stills from the movie, Children of Heaven and self portraits.


Children Of Heaven by Majid Majidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

That Smile!

I decided to make a 16mm animation with found footage.  I looked through johnie's collection and was mainly interested in the videos abo...