Tuesday, March 13, 2018

That Smile!

I decided to make a 16mm animation with found footage.  I looked through johnie's collection and was mainly interested in the videos about teeth made by the American Dentist Association.  At the beginning of the term I was working digitally and made a couple animations using photoshop. However, I think that I chose to do 16 mm to animate because I like to draw directly onto the film.  I also think it is easier to understand how motion moves.  My process for this animation was to scratch into the film with awls and draw transition shapes between scenes of collected footage. 
I mainly tried to rotoscope over found footage. 

While I was working I was mainly thinking about how I felt like a dentist scraping between the images of teeth. 
Image result for dentist scraping teeth




For the sound, I think parts of it really work just from splicing the clip but I wanted to go in and edit the sound but then........................when i put the film through I forgot to make the loop in the film and then it ripped like 4 for every 8 hole on the track.......so i tried to fix them. ...... but haven't touched the machine since.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

That Smile!

I decided to make a 16mm animation with found footage.  I looked through johnie's collection and was mainly interested in the videos abo...